Questions about waf config system: "grp" and updating configure.ac

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Fri Apr 9 11:47:19 UTC 2021

> On Apr 9, 2021, at 03:03 , Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:
>
> On 9/4/21 4:45 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:

>>> It looks like recent changes have broken the autotool build system...
>>>
>>> https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/build/2021-April/027232.html
>>>
>>> Is there any point in it staying if it does not work?

I noticed that "mpc55xxevb/configure.ac" still uses "BSP_DEFAULT_BAUD_RATE" while the "waf" build system changed the code and configuration name to the standardized "BSP_CONSOLE_BAUD".  I didn't fix it since it's not associated with the powerpc/shared changes, but it is bit-rot.

If the old build system isn't supposed to be kept up-to-date I recommend removing it.

Peter
Peter Dufault

This email is delivered through the public internet using protocols subject to interception and tampering.