Unable to use make command to build "Hello world" Program

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Feb 3 15:03:26 UTC 2021

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 8:29 AM Rohan kumar <krohan8870 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually I followed this document
>
> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/start/bsp-build.html#quickstartbspbuild-manual to
> build bsp manually
> as mentioned in the "GSoc getting started" blog.
>
>  Also yes when I run "./waf" command "Waf: Leaving directory
> `/home/rohan/devlopment/src/rtems/build/sparc/erc32'
> " this was the final output as you said.
>
> But I am actually stuck in running Hello world program
> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/start/gsoc.html#prove-you-can-work-on-rtems this
> document says to run "make" command but the folder "/build/b-erc32" is
> empty. So I was confused about how to run Hello world.

It should be under rtems/build. Do a "find build -name hello.exe" and then
follow the remaining instructions.

Unfortunately, I think this is a specific example of
https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/4130 which when filed said there were more
than a few references to the old build system in the documentation. If you
can provide a patch for the docs to reflect the current waf procedure, that
would be appreciated. Good exercise for GSoC preparation. :)

--joel