Fw: Re: ticket #3889

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Sat Mar 27 21:22:32 UTC 2021

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021, 3:52 PM zack_on_the_speed_chanel <
zack_on_the_speed_chanel at protonmail.ch> wrote:

> I found a part of the assembly that says that the path is not called.
>
> if ( ( flags & POSIX_CONDITION_VARIABLES_CLOCK_MONOTONIC ) != 0 ) {
>
> 40005594:   12 80 00 39     bne  40005678 <_POSIX_Condition_variables_Wait_support+0x118> <== NEVER TAKEN
>
> 40005598:   f4 27 bf e8     st  %i2, [ %fp + -24 ]
>
> So if i'm correct The BSP supports this fuction of CLOCK_Monotonic (because the assembly is archetcture specific)? Which means that there is a need for the test I assume?
>
> Also does leon= the same as  the bsp  erc32-sis (or the one in the tutorial)

Please read the original source to confirm but I think you're right but it
supports it but doesn't have a test.

The ERC32 what's the first space hardened sparc processor. The leon3 is a
later processor in the same family. Both use the same build of GCC and are
just different bsps. In fact both run on the same sis simulator. It's just
that a user starting today on a mission, is more likely to use the Leon3.
The leon3 also can support SMP