question about posix timer expiration

Gabriel.Moyano at dlr.de Gabriel.Moyano at dlr.de
Wed May 12 12:36:54 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,

Currently I am trying to get running ptpd on rtems (following the Chris' work, thx btw).

Ptpd uses posix timers and when a timer expires a handler with this signature void(int sig, siginfo_t *info, void *ucontext) is called. Unfortunately (*info) doesn't have the right values, eg. info->si_code should be SI_TIMER but it is SI_USER and also info->si_signo should be the same as sig but it's not.

Diving into the code I've found where the handler is called (also where *info is created). This is done in the function _POSIX_signals_Check_signal() in the file psignalunblockthread.c. It doesn't seems that info is updated with the values (I guess) should take from object ptimer, which was created by create_timer().

My question is: is this handler fully supported? Or maybe I'm missing something else.

Thanks in advance,

Gabriel

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
Institute for Software Technology | SC-OSS | Lilienthalplatz 7 | 38108 Braunschweig  | Germany

Gabriel Moyano | Research Scientist in Onboard Software Systems group
gabriel.moyano at dlr.de<mailto:gabriel.moyano at dlr.de>
DLR.de<http://www.dlr.de/>