waf bsp_defaults appears to be broken

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Oct 4 16:05:39 UTC 2021

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 9:13 AM Christian MAUDERER
<christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> Am 04.10.21 um 15:51 schrieb Joel Sherrill:
> > On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 2:32 AM Christian MAUDERER
> > <christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> >> I just tested this command and everything seems to work fine. I get a
> >> default config for the BSP.

> >> Maybe something cache related? The whole build specification files are
> >> parsed and put into a cache as a first step. If that doesn't work
> >> correctly, it might lead to odd results.
> >
> > This must be it. I suppose I should delete the build/ subdirectory as part
> > of setting up for a sweep.
>
> If you want to get a clean repository again, you could also use a "git
> clean -dxf". But be very careful with that command. It doesn't ask
> before deleting anything that is not versioned.

That might be ok here because this is a directory only used for the
cron driven build sweeps. Nothing should ever be edited here.

> >> Do you use a fresh checkout or an update from a previous one?
> >
> > It's an update to minimize what needs to be done. If the RSB changed, tools
> > and RTEMS are built. If only RTEMS changed, only RTEMS BSPs are built.
> > If nothing changed (rare in a week), then nothing is done.
> >
> > I ended up recloning rtems this time and it seems ok now.
>
> If you get the error again, it would be interesting to find out what
> caused it. That sounds like something that shouldn't happen. It seems
> that the wscript uses a simple file modification time to find out
> whether the cache has to be re-generated. So if your system time changed
> backward, that might could lead to such errors.

Possible but unlikely. The build sweep for 6 starts at 445pm on Fridays. The
directory should be untouched until the next Friday unless something happens
and I poke around like this morning.

Hopefully removing build/ will help keep things clean.

--joel