rtems-central appears to be out of sync with rtems and rtems-docs

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Aug 31 13:18:40 UTC 2022

On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 5:00 AM Sebastian Huber <

> Hello Joel,
>
> On 30/08/2022 22:44, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> > When I am on master of rtems-central.git and sub spec2modules.py, it
> > generates updates to rtems-docs and rtems. My understanding is that if
> > they were in sync, there would be no changes in rtems-docs and rtems.
> >
> > (env) [joel at localhost rtems-central]$ ./spec2modules.py
> > (env) [joel at localhost rtems-central]$ cd modules/rtems-docs/
> > (env) [joel at localhost rtems-docs]$ git st
> > # HEAD detached at 657f744
> > # Changes not staged for commit:
> > #   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
> > #   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working
> > directory)
> > #
> > #       modified:   c-user/config/device-driver.rst
> > #       modified:   c-user/config/general.rst
> > #       modified:   c-user/config/idle-task.rst
> > #       modified:   c-user/glossary.rst
> > #       modified:   eng/req/items.rst
>
> I updated rtems-central. There should be no changes in modules/rtems
> after the update. The modifications modules/rtems-docs should be now
> much smaller. There are still modifications in rtems-docs since I didn't
> add a private documentation branch. The integration of these changes got
> stuck in:
>
> https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2021-September/069453.html

Unless there was private communication, it looked like Chris asked
for some reasonable additions/changes and you never replied. Make
the updates and move it along.

If rtems-central doesn't stay in sync, then it is a barrier to incorporating
it into the project flow.

--joel