[tools] tester: Normalize JSON and YAML reports

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Jul 26 12:19:27 UTC 2022

Hello,

I sent a v2 of the patch:

https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2022-July/072679.html

On 01/07/2022 01:12, Chris Johns wrote:
>>  From my point of view the JSON/YAML reports should not satisfy every possible
>> consumer directly.
> How do you determine the list you are satisfying? I can see this argument
> working in two directions.

The report is satisfactory when it includes all information available to
the tester and not more. A machine readable report should be without
redundancy.

> If there a technical issue with providing this data?

For this grouping we have to assume a certain layout of the test
executables. From my point of view the tester should be generalized to
support running all sorts of tests and not just tests of the RTEMS
testsuites.

> Does the output provide format metadata to determine the version of the output?

I added a 'report-version' attribute in v2.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER
email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de