STM32H7 HAL update, merge ready.

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Mar 10 14:06:18 UTC 2022

On 10/03/2022 14:58, Karel Gardas wrote:
> On 3/10/22 14:52, Sebastian Huber wrote:

>>> Hold on! You don't need to do anything besides the git merge. All
>>> files needed are there. I already did the HAL code update! All files
>>> are as provided in original projects besides few changes and besides
>>> reapplied patches from the past. At least that was whole point of the
>>> work...
>>
>> The problem is that for example
>>
>> https://github.com/kgardas/rtems/commit/d45f034fc379bcb8fecdecc1cb44bd851d6c4949
>>

>> changes the line endings from DOS to UNIX AND performs the update.
>> This should be two commits. First the change to UNIX line endings and
>> then the update.
>
> Yes, but the problem was that original files were too chaotic to do
> anything about it -- in fact HAL files were using mixed line endings.
>
> So, the only way out of the chaos was to:
>
> 1) replace all HAL files with new files

Yes, this is fine, but if all the new files have now UNIX line endings
why didn't you change the existing files to UNIX line endings before the
update? I guess you copied the files from a Git repository. Can't you
first change the existing files to UNIX line endings and make a commit.
Then copy the files from your upstream Git repository.

> 2) reapply patches done by RTEMS community over HAL files
>
> I did exactly this. So now, you have new HAL + patches on top of that.

This is fine except that the update commits do two steps in one.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER
email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de