Movement of confdefs instance into a static library

Kinsey Moore kinsey.moore at oarcorp.com
Wed Mar 16 21:57:59 UTC 2022

Hi,
I'm working on porting Deos integration from RTEMS 5 to RTEMS 6. This requires linking with their shared objects and I've run into a few linking issues with the testsuite. I've narrowed the problems down to the way that some of the tests are built: any test that has its confdefs instance in a static library throws linker errors (missing/duplicate symbols) with the extra linking that occurs. This includes most of the tests under testsuites/fstests as well as quite a few in libtests (and possibly more). If I reintegrate the source files from the new static libraries directly into the executable generation step (i.e. imfsfserror.yml instead of libimfs.yml) as is done in RTEMS 5, the linker errors go away.

Is moving the confdefs instance into a shared library supported and expected to work?

I was also able to resolve the linker errors by specifying some of the link flags multiple times or creating a linker group.

Thanks,
Kinsey