Successful Hello world from RPi4B AArch64 over serial

Noor Aman nooraman5718 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 15:00:11 UTC 2022

> Try the fileio, cdtest, nsecs, and paranoia samples next. If those
> look ok, it is highly likely that most of the single processor tests
> will run.
>
> fileio requires working console input.

I've tried them all, they look pretty fine. Fileio worked fine too.

Now work to get this all cleaned up, merged, and documented. Kinsey
> now has a Pi4 ready to double check your work is repeatable from
> rtems.org sources.

 Yeah, I'm on my way to create good looking patches for merge.

Are any other peripherals from previous Pi generations the same? Curious if
> wired networking might be low hanging fruit.

Wired networking is the least possible hanging fruit. Raspberry pi 3 uses
an "SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter" which is connected through the
"SMC9514 Hub" USB controller. Whereas the raspberry pi 4 on the other hand
uses a "BCM54213PE" Ethernet controller which is directly connected through
the PCIe bridge.

But some of the same peripheral which are very likely to be same are GPIO,
UART using mini UART, SPI, I2C and Framebuffer