bsps/xilinx-zynqmp : Add BSP for RPU

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Jun 14 23:17:33 UTC 2023

On 14/6/2023 6:08 pm, Philip Kirkpatrick wrote:
> This patch adds support for running RTEMS on the RPU (cortex R5) cores of the
> ZynqMP.

Thanks for submitting this BSP. It is exciting to see this work and support
being added.

How different are the ZynqMP RPU cores and the ones on the Versal?

I have not looked in detail but I know they are both R5 devices and I think we
should be able to reuse this support. Is placing the RPU pieces under the ZynqMP
sources what we want or should we consider how we would reuse the RPU BSP on
other Xilinx devices?

I am leading with this question without reviewing the sources in detail so I
apologise for this. I am happy to look at Versal support so I am not asking that
to be done.