bsps/xilinx-zynqmp : Add BSP for RPU

Aaron Nyholm aaron.nyholm at unfoldedeffective.com
Thu Jun 15 06:59:22 UTC 2023

This looks exciting.

As for Versal support from Xilinx's Docs "RPU

The real-time processing unit (RPU) Arm Cortex-R5F processor has faster clocking frequencies than the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC. The Versal Arm Cortex-R5F processor supports Vector Floating-Point v3 (VFPv3) whereas the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC Arm Cortex-R5F processor supports VFPv2." https://docs.xilinx.com/r/en-US/ug1273-versal-acap-design/RPU

VFPv3 is backwards compatible with VFPv2 (https://developer.arm.com/documentation/ddi0344/d/programmer-s-model/vfpv3-architecture?lang=en).

So hopefully reuse for the Versal should relativity straight forward.

Side note, even though Xilinx says the R5F in the ZynqMP has VFPv2, ARM says to compile with vfpv3_d16 like what is already in the BSP (https://developer.arm.com/documentation/dui0472/i/CIHGDBHC).

Thanks, Aaron