oarcorp.com hardware status

Mon Aug 28 18:30:52 UTC 2000

Just to let everyone know what is going on.  The machine
has been swapped out.  The hard disk from the old machine
is in a new machine.  If the problem continues, we have a
new hard drive and are prepared to begin OS installation.
If the problem goes away, then we it was another problem
that swapping carcasses around the hard disk resolved.

Please report any weird file corruption problems you note.
The best symptom was that a bit in a single character
was going high.  This could go undetected (if in a comment
in a source file), cause weird problems (in an executable),
or be detected (RPM, Debian, and zipped files).