RTEMS State (MPC860)

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Mon Jan 24 15:32:19 UTC 2000

At 14:50 24/01/00 +0100, you wrote:
>GDB: are the BDM patches "official" or is it just a matter of luck to
>get them working ?
>     and is there special hardware needed ?
>(i will be working on a linux based machine as develop environment)
	You will need a special HW in any case.
	AFAIK, there are the following opportunities:
1. Wiggler from Macraigor Inc.
	Seems to be the most debugged HW interface. Price - $150. Has good
"official" support in GDB under Cygwin (the patches you mentioned). Doesn't
have today direct access from Linux. There is very close to be working
'rproxy' server from QQI, which employs additional intermediate computer to
run wigglers SW under Win98/NT and allows cross debugging from Linux.
2. HMI BDM interface. Price - about $1000. There are somewhere  in the net
(or even supplied by HMI) patches to GDB to work with it. It is also said
to be stable.
3. Several other options exist (as, for example, S.Drazhnikov's gdb patch
with simple HW), but I cann't recommend them because I wasn't able to pass
simple tests.

Good luck.

Leon Pollak
leonp at plris.com