GDB

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Tue Jun 20 11:20:13 UTC 2000

Erwin Rol wrote:

> Hallo all,
>
> i have a question to the source files of GDB on the FTP site.
> I can't build --target=powerpc-rtems with the .tar.gz archive
> because configure ends up saying that there is no such
> target in ./gdb/
> and i also can't aply the patch thats in the same dir on the ftp
> site, because it rejects on about every file.
> now my question.
> are the .tar.gz archives on the FTP site the original unpatched
> archives or are that already prepatched.

They should be the original, unpatched sources as to be found on any
gnu mirror and on many CDROMS.

FYI: Building the powerpc-rtems-gdb*.rpms from the gdb-4.18.tar.gz
which comes with SuSE-6.4 and the powerpc-rtems-gdb-*.nosrc.rpm as
to be found at
ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com/pub/rtems/betas/rtems-4.5.0-beta/c_tools/linux_x86/SRPMS/
works perfectly for me.

Ralf

--
Ralf Corsepius
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung