prebuilt tool binaries question

Fri May 19 17:27:54 UTC 2000

Daniel Talayco wrote:

> Joel Sherrill wrote:
> > Are there any other hosts in use out there?
> >

> FYI:  I've recently built the tools and rtems under
> PPC Linux (Yellow Dog) without too many changes.  I'm
> still evaluating my success.  I expect once compiled,
> the packaging could be done easily with RPM (a statement
> made in ignorance about such things.)

I don't know how many people out there would use them,
but OAR would be happy to place PPC Linux RPMs on the
ftp site assuming that is how they package binaries.

Going through the motions of using RPM on Solaris, I
can point out at least one semi-obvious things.  The
buildall script is pretty handy but it has i386
hardcoded in two ways:  RPMS/i386 and PACKAGE.i386.rpm.
I hacked and changed it to sparc to try on Solaris.
It needs to be set based on the ${target} the
scripts directory is configured for.

--joel