RTEMS on Cygwin as target environment

Thu Nov 9 17:04:16 UTC 2000

Stephan Merker wrote:

> Has anyone tried to use Cygwin as target environment using the posix BSP?
> I was able to configure and compile the posix BSP under Cygwin, however most
> of the tests do not run through (e.g. sp01.exe stalls after a few seconds).
> Interestingly, once it ran through in gdb.

I only spent a few minutes getting it to compile.  I did not do
extensive
testing with it.

This indicates that running under gdb unmasks some signals that are
otherwise masked.  SIGALRM should be happening.  What is the output
of sp01?

> I'm was trying with the last RTEMS Snapshot (rtems-ss-20001103), a fairly
> up-to-date Cygwin 1.1, and gcc 2.95.2.

Ralf reports that if you go bleeding edge on cygwin's newlib, there are
some minor build problems.