registration

Rosimildo da Silva rdasilva at connecttel.com
Wed Nov 22 19:06:17 UTC 2000

William CANO wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried to register to some project on the RTEMS web site but I got no
> answer or bad answer from the web server.
>
> I would like to join some teams.
> First I would like to join the team who is porting RTEMS on C32 because I
> would like to collaborate and use this port of RTEMS.

Just register to the "rtems-users" list, and you become part of the
team. :-)

> Second I would like to use Corba ( TAO + ACE ) and RTEMS. The link to
> Douglas and Tao web site don't give any infformation about where to get and
> collaborate to the port of TAO on RTEMS.
>
> Could you give me some informations about these two questions ?.
>
> Best regards and have a good day
>
> William CANO
> w.cano at free.fr

Regarding CORBA, there is support for OmniORB. See more info following
the links
here:

http://members.nbci.com/rosimildo/

Erik Ivanenko a while ago was porting ACE+TAO to RTEMS, but the size
were a lot
larger than OmniORB, and I guess he just gave up on it. Erik might be
able to
provide more info.

Here it is the last e-mail that I received from him regarding this
subject.

"erik.ivanenko" wrote:

> I've managed to compile and link a minimal ACE.  Just to run a test that
> prints sizes of base types.
>
> The result is that the TEST, with  MINIMAL ACE libs  + RTEMS is 420K.
> The result of wrapping networking in class ACE_OS -- all of it gets
> linked.
>
> Anyway, lets use that as a baseline...
>
> The minimal ACE for TAO is around 500 K, but could be more.  Then the
> minimal TAO is 650K if I remember ( 200K more for everything).
>
> So,if you want ACE + TAO on RTEMS your looking at between 1.5MB and
> 1.7MB or so of flash to get it to go... or you must do a netboot.  (
> GRUB fails ! ) OmniORB is small enough to fit on a diskette.

Regards,
Rosimildo da Silva            rdasilva at connectel.com
ConnectTel, Inc.              Austin, TX -- USA
Phone : 512-338-1111          Fax : 512-918-0449
Company Page:  http://www.connecttel.com
Home Page:     http://members.nbci.com/rosimildo/