PPP & TCP/IP networking

Matthew J Fletcher mfletcher at serck-controls.co.uk
Wed Oct 25 10:02:11 UTC 2000

Hi,.

We have been tring to get a websever working under rtems, using a dialup
ppp connection, to this end we have patched the ppp code into a
semi-working state, and we can get as far as a ppp dialup between our
bsp and a laptop, via rs232.

What we cant to it ping our bsp, or ftp into it, (i have started the ftp
deamon), has anyone done this before ?, or tied to use the websever ?

As i said we have ppp exchanging packets between our systems, but ping &
ftp report time out errors.

Also it seems that the websever is not built by defult, although the
sources are included, i cant seem to find the configuration option to
build it in, any ideas ?

regards

---
Matthew J Fletcher
NPD Firmware
Serck Controls Ltd
---

Serck Controls Ltd, Rowley Drive, Coventry, CV3 4FH, UK
Tel: 44 (0) 24 7630 5050   Fax: 44 (0) 24 7630 2437
Web: www.serck-controls.co.uk  Admin: post at serck-controls.co.uk
the above.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Serck Controls Ltd.
Please note that Serck Controls Ltd is able to, and reserves the right
to, monitor e-mail communications passing through its network.
be responsible for damage caused by any undetected virus.