$(RTEMS_ROOT)/make/target.cfg

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Wed Oct 4 20:16:02 UTC 2000

"Aaron J. Grier" wrote:

> running rtems-4.5.0beta3a.
>
> is there any compelling reason why $(RTEMS_ROOT)/make/target.cfg (and
> all references to it) couldn't or shouldn't be moved to
> $(RTEMS_ROOT)/$(RTEMS_BSP_FAMILY)/make/target.cfg ?

Yes. target.cfg is supposed to take make variables to be shared
between all Makefiles of a target and not to contain any setting
valid only for an individual bsp.

> the $(RTEMS_ROOT)/make/README states that
>
>         Switching between RTEMS BSPs is accomplished via setting
>         the environment variable "RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH."
>
> unfortunately the various BSPs clobber $(RTEMS_ROOT)/make/target.cfg on
> a make install, so the above statement only holds when all BSPs used
> share the same target.cfg.

Yes, this is a known issue, I am working on cleaning this up.

> any thoughts?

The docs deserve a little brush up :)

Ralf

--
Ralf Corsepius
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung