Processor Load

Nick.SIMON at syntegra.bt.co.uk Nick.SIMON at syntegra.bt.co.uk
Tue Sep 26 15:06:29 UTC 2000

I had in mind a *hardware* timer, running independently of the O/S tick - my
mindset springs from mpc860 which has more on-chip peripherals than you can
shake a stick at.  Youre quite right in that doing it on the O/S tick would
produce deceptive results, as that'd be just the time to start something
waiting on a timer!

-- Nick Simon