cout ??? and getting c++

tsmith at megaroms.co.uk tsmith at megaroms.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 09:35:41 UTC 2001

A simple test program using cout compiles sucessfully but fails to link. I built rtems with the --enable-cxx option to the configure script. In make/compilers/gcc-target-default.cfg I found a mention

# Define this to yes if C++ is included in the development environment.
# This requires that at least the GNU C++ compiler and libg++ be installed.
ifeq ($(HAS_CPLUSPLUS),yes)
CPLUS_LD_LIBS += $(PROJECT_RELEASE)/lib/librtems++$(LIBSUFFIX_VA)
endif

Has libg++ been installed to the rtems development directory?

Any help in getting cout to work much appreciated.