Networking with MVME2307 (actually MVM2400)

Till Straumann strauman at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Thu Aug 9 18:36:44 UTC 2001

tsmith at megaroms.co.uk wrote:

> I'm trying to compile the netdemo program from netdemos-4.5.0 using the MVME2307 bsp. I get a warning that RTEMS_BSP_NETWORK_DRIVER_NAME hasn't been defined. It's not defined in the bsp so should I manually define it? What should I define it as? Same for RTEMS_BSP_NETWORK_DRIVER_ATTACH.

You have to

#define RTEMS_BSP_NETWORK_DRIVER_NAME "dc1"
 extern int
rtems_dec21140_driver_attach(struct rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig *);
#define RTEMS_BSP_NETWORK_DRIVER_ATTACH rtems_dec21140_driver_attach

(I don't know about netdemos-4.5.0, but I know that the macros mentioned by
you are not defined in the bsp. You could also enter the driver name and
attach function into your rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig structure directly.)

Note that the MVME2307 bsp needs a couple of fixes (I'll put a patch together
some time...) Two things I remember out of my head are:

- C++ global constructors are called before multitasking is up. It seems that
   the console driver doesn't work yet. If a constructor tries to "printf" to the
   console it will hang the system.

- devices in PMC slots are not configured.

-- Till.