RTEMS newbie

Mark Jones markalanj at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 18:38:56 UTC 2001

Hello

 I recently started working with RTEMS. I have a
program which creates and starts 3 tasks from the Init
task. I have diagnostic print outs about the statsus
of my programs startup. All of this IO is printed
using printf() this was working fine until I recomiple
the BSP to use COM1 as the console instead of the VGA.
As soon as I call rtems_create_task() the first time
my application halts and the PC usually reboots. I am
using the pc386 BSP with the BSPConsolePort =
BSP_UART_COM1 as the only modification to the BSP.

Thank's
Mark

=====
Mark Jones