profiling with RTEMS

Aaron J. Grier aaron at frye.com
Fri Aug 24 21:39:03 UTC 2001

I'd like to profile code running on my m68k-rtems platform...  gcc is
gladly emitting calls to mcount with -pg, but where is mcount supposed
to live?

I think I've just convinced gcc to compile code for mcount into libgcc,
but I'm not quite sure what to do next, and would hate to re-invent the
wheel...

how do I go about profiling my RTEMS application?

  Aaron J. Grier  |   Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |  aaron at frye.com
     "In a few thousand years people will be scratching their heads
       wondering how on earth the first computer was invented and
          bootstrapped without a prior computer to do it with."
                    --  Chris Malcolm, on comp.arch