flash file systems

Thu Aug 30 13:13:54 UTC 2001

Brett Swimley wrote:

> Hello all -
>
> I'm wondering about the status of the Non-Volatile Memory Driver for RTEMS.
> My Latest documentstation states "There is currently only one non-volatile
> device driver inclued in the RTEMS source tree and it does not adhere to
> this device driver model."

That statement is still true.

> My questions are:
>
> 1) Is there a more recent Non-Volatile (esp Flash memory) driver available
> for RTEMS.

Not submitted and merged. :(

To repeat a broken record, the initial libchip concept was implemented
for non-volatile memory.  The dependencies were inverted and the
source has not been restructured so it can be merged.  This driver
would be good to have in the tree because it supports Atmel EEPROM,
some Flash, and battery backed RAM with a unified interface.

> 2) If so, can a file system be mounted using this driver?

If you have one, it could be. :)