network trouble on 68360 (ACE360/HSB)

Joe Novosel jnovosel at broadcom.com
Thu Aug 30 17:59:20 UTC 2001

Steve,
Yes I'm still having problems.
According to the users manual for the ACE360/HSB board, this is the mapping
of the IO:

PA0      Ethernet RxD
PA1      Ethernet TxD
PA8      Ethernet TCLK
PA9      Ethernet RCLK
PB12     Ethernet *RTS
PB16     Ethernet link test
PC4      Ethernet CLSN
PC5      Ethernet RENA

With a multimeter I've verified this wiring is correct.
Looking at "network.c" under the gen68360 bsp in the HSB defined section it
appears that the IO is being set up properly.  (that doesn't mean that
something somewhere else isn't messing with it)

This board is using the LTX901 PHY.  I even tried tying the link test pin to
VCC (to disable full duplex as suggested in the datasheet)

The boards that I have were removed from some prototype ADSL modems from a
company called "Aware."  The board has many chips de-populated so it's
possible that there might be a "slight" difference in this board vs: a
"normal" ACE360/HSB.  Since Atlas was bought out, I have no way of contacting
them to ask.

Any help or suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

--
Joe Novosel