Thanks.

liubo boliu at 263.net
Fri Feb 16 05:34:15 UTC 2001

Michael P. Collins:
	I am not familiar UNIX,I use WIN95,98,Through Gerke Kok's help I found the
place to download RTEMS,but for me it is quite a lot of resource,I don't know
which is useful,I am now reading some document from RTEMS,but I want to know
to a new user,what he must do?I know something with multitask program,familiar
with MC683XX,I am using SDS's compiler and EST's emulator to debug my system.
can this compiler and emulator be used in using RTEMS?When using RTEMS,can
BDM work?Can anybody give me some examples based on MC683XX? So many questions,
but I am interested at it and did want to learn from you.Thanks.

>liubo <boliu at 263.net> wrote:
>
>> I am the first time to come to this mail list.I am developing
>> a system using MC68332 CPU, I want to use RTOS to ensure system
>> reliability.Some of my friends recommend me that RTEMS is very
>> good, why not have a try? He tell me that RTEMS is open source
>> and I need not pay for it, is this true? Can RTEMS suport
>> MC683xx CPU? How can I get RTEMS? Maybe this question is very
>> simple, But I did want somebody to help me out.
>
>Gerke Kok <gerke.kok at tpa-nl.com> wrote:
>
>> Go get it all at ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com/pub/rtems/releases/4.5.0. The docs
>> and all are there too.
>
>  A couple of things to add.  Most developers find it easier to work
>under Linux (or another UNIX variant) than Windows.  If you are
>familiar with UNIX, I'd recommend it.  Joel Sherrill makes RPMs (Red
>Hat Package Manager packages) available, and then uses a utility to
>derive packages for other flavors of Linux.  I've tested the Debian
>files and found that they work just fine.  This will get you started
>very quickly.
>
>  There have been a number of MC683xx projects developed using RTEMS.
>I created BSPs for some MC68331-based systems I've built, using the
>EFI332 BSP as a starting point.  The effort required to get a simple
>BSP up so you can run the benchmark tests is fairly minimal, mostly
>related to modifying the linker controls to match your system's
>memory map.
>
>  Finally, there are a lot of very knowledgeable folks who read and
>respond to the mailing list.  Make sure you understand your problem
>before asking so that you can be specific in your questions, and
>you'll almost certainly get a useful reply very quickly.
>
>  Welcome, and good luck.
>
>					-- MC --

            liubo
            boliu at 263.net