i386/parallel port

rwas rwas mc68332 at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 18:18:37 UTC 2001

> I'm working around the multiuser shell environment.

Kewl!

> The system on VxWorks isn't known by me.
> If you can explain me the environment perhaps I can
> work in this line.

Sure, the shell is a single user environment which can
be accessed either by console or telnet.

>From the console one can do basic disk operation
required to load and manipulate files and executables.

The main thing that's nice about the vxworks
userinterface is that one can load modules (read *.o)
on the fly, then use console task commands to run
them.

One can call any function within in a module simply by
typing it in on the command line. At any time one can
manipulate variables from the command line.

All memory is shared memory unless made specifically
private.

All this is probably a tall order, but just the
ability to test the health of the os in a system
before trying execute large blocks of code would be
IMO very useful.

> Questions,

About a million of them.

> Sugg?
>
> Please don't hesitate to ask me.
>
> Fernando RUIZ CASAS
> home:correo at fernando-ruiz.com
> work:fernando.ruiz at ctv.es

I'd be very happy to work with the development
community on this OS. I fear it will be some time
before I can get through my learning curve on it
however.

Robert Wasierski
Dynacs Engineering
505 846-5581