Code- and heap- size

Jan.Suchotzki at de.abb.com Jan.Suchotzki at de.abb.com
Mon Oct 8 07:33:17 UTC 2001

Hi,

that is very good. I already found the STACK_CHECKER, but not the function.
Thanks

Jan Suchotzki

 (Embedded     Eric Norum <eric.norum at usask.ca>@young.USask.Ca
 image moved   05.10.2001 18:44
 to file:
 pic31240.pcx)

Sent by:  Eric_Norum at young.USask.Ca

To:   Jan.Suchotzki at de.abb.com
cc:   rtems-users at oarcorp.com
Subject:  Re: Code- and heap- size

Security Level:?         Internal

Jan.Suchotzki at de.abb.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for.
> But it means, that I´m not able to get information about the
> memory used for local variables with functions like Heap_Get_information
()?

> Jan Suchotzki

You can get information on per-task stack usage if you configure RTEMS
with the stack checking extension.

Just add

#define STACK_CHECKER_ON

in your configuration/initialization file somewhere before the

#include <confdefs.h>

line.

Then, in your program call Stack_check_Dump_usage() to print stack usage
statistics.

Eric Norum                                 eric.norum at usask.ca
Department of Electrical Engineering       Phone: (306) 966-5394
University of Saskatchewan                 FAX:   (306) 966-5407
Saskatoon, Canada.