m68k gcc was Re: BSP for 5307

Fri Feb 15 15:56:28 UTC 2002

Peter Barada wrote:

> >> Yes, I'm working on the coldfire changes for v3/v4/v4e, but I haven't
> >> convinced the lawyers to sign off yet.
> >
> >If it helps, your efforts are most welcome and needed by all Coldfire
> >users.
>
> Believe me, I know they'll be useful....
>
> >> I think in my version I'll
> >> have all of Fiddes' patches, but I'll have to double check.
> >
> >Does that include the interrupt keyword patch and improved soft float
> >patches ?
>
> It may or may not.  My goal is to have these changes integrated into
> the FSF tree so we don't have to cart patches around anymore.  This
> requires that the FSF has papers on on *each* author of those
> patches.  If they do, I can grab them.  If not then I can't.  If
> people want to write patches agains gcc-3.0.x, and sbmit papers to the
> FSF, I'll gladly pick them up and integrate them....

While you are sorting and figuring out what needs to be integrated,
would it be possible to get a list of patches that potentially have
paperwork problems, their size, and  their purpose?  As I understand it,
patches below a certain size do not require paperwork.  FOr those above
that cut-off it is possible to get someone to reimplement it cleanly
so there is no paperwork issue.

I will be happy to check on paperwork status for people you have
questions about and help get the patches merged.