MSR storing - to Joel and E.Valette

VALETTE Eric valette at crf.canon.fr
Thu Jan 24 09:53:04 UTC 2002

leonp wrote:

> In general -  IMHO, the MSR is the MACHINE state register. I looked through
> all it bits once more and didn't find one that seems to be thread relative.

Do you think floatting point attribute is no a thread attribute or that
single stepping is not also a thread attribute?

I know applications that want to run with irq disabled but suspend
themselves waiting for hardware events... You would not be able to to this.

--
    __
   /  `                          Eric Valette - Canon CRF