ARM7TDMI debugging with GDB (Insight)

Charles Steaderman charlies at poliac.com
Mon Jul 29 20:40:12 UTC 2002

I now have a BSP for my hardware with installable interrupts. The
problem is that I cannot debug using Insight (GDB). I am using a Jeeni
from EPI. Whenever I try to debug my application (or the test apps --
i.e. ticker), I get either processor exceptions or the app restarts
continuously. It seems to be related to time based task switching (i.e.
rtems_wake_after(...) in ticker). If I download my application into
Flash on my hardware everything seems to run fine -- its just that
printf's are not the most desirable way to debug :-). Has anyone seen
this kind of behavior before?

Thanks
- Charlie

--