ramdisk

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Tue Mar 26 19:27:11 UTC 2002

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov wrote:
> We're working up using ramdisks for bulk data storage, the ramdisk
> devices are creating OK, but I am unable to mount them because the
> memory regions don't have valid filesystems in them.

If you don't need FAT filesystem compatibility for some reason, the
in-memory file system (IMFS) has a function to create a root file system
for you.  I think it is called mkrootfs() or something like that.

I haven't had a chance to check out the contributed FAT code yet.  Maybe
the Oktet guys will see this question, or you can email to them
directly.

-- Chris Caudle