ramdisk

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 26 20:11:57 UTC 2002

Hi,

We're working up using ramdisks for bulk data storage, the ramdisk
devices are creating OK, but I am unable to mount them because the
memory regions don't have valid filesystems in them.  So far I've been
unable to find a function that "formats" a device for dosfs.  The
dosfs test code seems to assume a valid filesystem is already in place
on the device.

- Is it correct that RTEMS dosfs does not have a utility to create a
  dosfs filesystem?

- If so, is there a way to make ramdisks mountable in RTEMS using some
  other approach?

Thanks, and I apologize if these questions aren't very intelligent,
I've not got my head around the RTEMS filesystem stuff yet.

Gregm