MPC555 BSP, Where to start?

ahuitzot at mindspring.com ahuitzot at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 13 15:59:55 UTC 2002

I am working with an MPC555 based board (a Phytec phyCORE MPC555 to be exact)
and I am thinking about the possibility of running RTEMS on it.  I was
wondering where a good place to start would be if I were to write a BSP for
the MPC555 (assuming there isnt already one I am not aware of...) and for the
phyCORE board in particular.

At the moment the project only calls for a simple loop and some ISR's to do
the work, but I think eventually we will grow into using an RTOS (possibly 3
months or so from now, maybe sooner), and RTEMS I think would be my choice (I
have used it non professionally on a 68332 based SBC) so I want to figure out
what my options are now, rather then at the last minute :)

Thanks,
Mike