Ada and RTEMS?

Mike Silva MSilva at amotusa.com
Mon Nov 25 18:37:39 UTC 2002

I'm looking for a low- or no-cost Ada implementation for x86 hardware (personal exploration now, possible commercial use w/support at work later), and it's been suggested to me that GNAT+RTEMS is the way to go.  I followed the GNAT/RTEMS link on the OAR website but didn't see anything at all there about GNAT.  I'm looking for the least painful way to get an Ada cross-compiler (Windows host if possible) running on an off-the-shelf x86 development board (I'm flexible on board choice, and will get whatever board that will have me up and running with the least grief).  Is there such a pre-built system available?  If not, what's involved in getting GNAT/RTEMS on an x86 board?  Thanks.

Mike