Board Support Package for Excimer Board

Steven Grunza steven_grunza at ieee.org
Wed Nov 6 18:48:42 UTC 2002

Hello,

I'm currently working on changing my Excimer BSP from the "old" exception
model to the "new" exception model.

My previous attempt at a BSP for the Excimer booted but ran into low-memory
problems since there is only 1MB of RAM on the Excimer and the combination
of MDINK 32and DINK32 ate most of that.  (For those unfamiliar with the
Excimer it has 1MB of RAM and 4MB of Flash, a NS16552 DUART, and a
PPC603e.  Mine has been modified to use a MPC745B processor)

While working on the low-memory problem it was suggested that I change my
BSP to be based on "a PowerPC BSP with an irq subdirectory or CPU model
name as mpcXXX".

I'm currently failing to compile due to mpc8xx_set_exception() being an
undefined reference.  It seems like it should be undefined since I don't
have a mpc8xx CPU.  I'm trying to figure out what that code does and what
my code should do instead.

PS
   My code is based on the rtems-ss-20021007 snapshot

PPS
   Feel free to contact me directly at either steven_grunza at ieee.org or by
way of AIM / gAIM as StevenGrunza

Steven G.

At 12:13 PM 11/6/2002 -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:

>I thought someone else was working on this and that
>this was a question better asked on the list.
>
>--joel
>

>Mohammad Rahman wrote:
> >
> > Dear Sir,
> >  I am a master student studing in a university in
> > Germany. Right now I am working with    RTEMS. I have
> > downloaded binutils, gcc, newlibs and rtems staffs and
> > have installed those gcc stuffs successfully. I am
> > using Motorola Excimer 603e PowerPC Board. I followed
> > all the documents on your web side and inside into the
> > RTEMS folder. But I did not find anything hint to find
> > my target BSP for my Excimer board. So, just to know
> > how to install RTEMS, I have used papirus BSP and that
> > was ok.
> >  So, right now I have to proceed on configure with the
> > BSP of Excimer Board. But I do not find any sugguested
> > way.
> >  If you can help me from the very begining point of
> > how to configure a new BSP just with hint, then I hope
> > I can go on. I will be highly pleased and greatful if
> > I get any good suggested way from your side.
> >  Sincerely yours,
> >  Mahfuzur Rahman.
> >  Bonn, Germany.

> > HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
> > http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
>
>--
>Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research & Development
>joel at OARcorp.com                 On-Line Applications Research
>Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS  Huntsville AL 35805
>Support Available                (256) 722-9985

"Unix is user friendly, it's just | Steven Grunza
particular about with whom it     | voice:  (856) 787 - 2759
makes friends."                   | fax:    (856) 866 - 2033
  - Unknown                        | mailto:steven_grunza at ieee.org