ARM patches

Jay Monkman jtm at smoothsmoothie.com
Thu Sep 19 20:18:21 UTC 2002

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 12:41:44PM -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Jay Monkman wrote:
> >
> > Here's some patches to the 20020807 snapshot for ARM.
> >
> > patch-arm.diff     - fixes a sign extend problem with CPU_swap_u16
> > patch-irq.diff     - fixes interrupt handling to work with FIQ
>
> Congratulations.  I assume this means that you now have plenty of
> network traffic moving through your system.   Did you ever get the
> alignment stuff working?

Thanks. This fixes all the alignment problems we've seen. We've tested with
the system as an IP router, running FTP server, and pinging to/from
it. We've had the system up for several days at a time now, constantly
passing IP packets. I'm happy with the stability now.

> Did your network performance improve over what we saw here?  It seemed
> pretty close to memory bandwidth but that was back of the envelope
> calculations.

Our ttcp performance is about 40 Mbps receive and 24 Mbps transmit. The
low rates are a result of our limited memory bandwidth (16 bit bus)
and awkward ethernet controller.

> Jay .. did you ever collect your notes on the ARM interrupt processing
> so they can turn into the last unwritten chapter of the ARM supplement.

I've finally gotten some spare time, and am working on it now. Sorry
for the delay. Thanks again for all the help.

--
Jay Monkman	    The truth knocks on the door and you say "Go away, I'm
                    looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.