ping (cont)

Charles Steaderman charlies at poliac.com
Mon Apr 14 18:21:59 UTC 2003

Just a quick update and another few questions.

1) I was able to get ping.c from OpenBSD integrated with a wrapper
function (similar to the ttcp implementation). Unfortunately, ping does
NOT clean up after itself. It allocates a buffer for the packet data
which is never free'd and it never closes its socket handle. Apparently
it relies upon the operating system to cleanup when the program exits.
Aarg. If the ping_main() function were wrapped into an RTEMS task which
deleted itself when complete, would the allocated memory and socked
handle be returned? For now I hacked the ping.c source and perform the
cleanup.

2) I am still trying to figure out how to handle signal notification.
When a signal timer expires, how do I get the current function pointer
associated with the particular signal?

Any direction, especially for question 2 would be greatly appreciated.

- Charlie

--
Charlie Steaderman
charlies at poliac.com