joel and email filtering

Thu Aug 21 19:17:23 UTC 2003

Hi,

Normally, I try to visually scan all email subjects and
sort them.  I use Mozilla's spam filtering to help me
out.  I try to be responsive and not throw mail on the
ground blindly. Unfortunately, due to the EXTREMELY high
volume of email I am getting as a side-effect of RTEMS and
GNU tools users infected by the SoBig virus, I am having to
pre-filter my email.  I have been getting approximately
one virus related email per minute for a few days now.
This includes email with payloads and automated responses
from virus scans replying to a forged header.

As a result of this, I am now explcitly blocking and
dropping email fitting certain profiles BEFORE I ever
see them.

If there is a problem getting to me at this email address
as an unanticipated side-effect of this, please contact me
at joel DOT sherrill AT yahoo DOT com.

I hated to have to do this but the volume was too high.

Thanks.

--joel