C++ working on ARM simulator...

Francesco Poletti fpoletti at libero.it
Wed Aug 27 09:13:28 UTC 2003

Hy all, this mail is only for announce that now C++ seems works perfectly on my
arm Simulation platform.

I found two little problems:

-linkcmds which was the same of the "edb7312" board probably contain some misses
in the part of C++ constructor. I have copyed this part from the Coldfire linkcmds.

-the .cfg file which is in the make/custom directory was like this:
define make-exe
         $(LINK.c)  $(AM_CFLAGS) $(AM_LDFLAGS) -o $(basename $@) \

and I changed it like this:
define make-exe
         $(LINK.cc)  $(AM_CFLAGS) $(AM_LDFLAGS) -o $(basename $@)

It means that when I link the application I use g++ instead of gcc.

I have also recompiled the OS adding the --enable-cxx option to the configure
but I think is only for having also the task,semaphores,queue of c++ working
using the Rtems classic API.

Thanks to all, particuolarly Joel and cjohns, Francesco.