Heap Allocation problem

Cedric Aubert cedric_aubert at yahoo.fr
Wed Aug 27 06:36:07 UTC 2003

--- Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com> wrote:
> Cedric Aubert wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I have solve my problem by have more memory in the
> > workspace area. I don't understand why because the
> > efi68k (same cpu) have the same size than my
> board.
>
> The memory allocation to heap and rtems workspace is
> done (on m68k BSPs) based upon some variables in the
> linkcmds if you have used the shared
> bsp_pretasking_hook
> like most of the m68k BSPs.  If you don't get those
> variables right, then your RAM is not properly
> reflected
> into the heap size, etc.

Ok I will have a look later, I am base on
efi68k with a modified efi68k linkcmds with
the bsp_pretasking_hook

> > But now I have some trouble in function
> > rtems_io_register_name. I don't really understand
> > how termio works but I will take a closer look.
> :-)
>
> It could ahve run out of memory.  What test are you
> debugging with?

I try to debug with hello_world test. For the moment
I try to have correct memory initialisation with
a console (68681) with termio support.

> > A general question does it mandatory to have a
> imfs
> > with rtems ?
>
> If you use the console device, then yes it is
> mandatory
> to have the miniIMFS or IMFS.  The miniIMFS provides
> device node support.  RTEMS uses device nodes like
> UNIX and that requires a minimal filesystem.

That what I think, because I haven't made any imfs
and mknod hang during the shared console_initialize
function !!!!

> > Thanks a lot
> >
> > Cedric
> >
> > PS : Does anyone known some french firm that have
> > RTEMS support for customer like me :-) ??
>
> I know of people who would take RTEMS consulting
> work in
> France but for support in the traditional sense, I
> think
> OAR is the only one offering it.

Can you give me contact with those consulting people
:-) ?

> For consulting that involves more on-site
> development, OAR
> has some standing arrangements with people in other
> parts
> of the world.

Ok

Thanks