more multiple dec21140 on ppc

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 27 18:20:17 UTC 2003

(sorry Till, I sent a copy to to alone by accident...)

I'm still working on it and have little more to report except that its
increasingly looking like something isn't quite configured right in
MPIC or the PBC.

Shifting the onboard dec to MPIC irq 2 (which its supposed to be wired
to) causes it to stop receiving interrupts (and I am changing its
INTERRUPT_LINE value to 2, with name = 18).  I've only been able to
make the onboard dec operate under its ISA irq 10.

I've dumped the MPIC registers and they look fine.  I'm wondering if
the PBC might be remapping the PCI interrupt lines- or doing something
with them.  It doesn't appear to be remapping them in complete
accordance with default ISA assignments as documented in the
programmers guide because the cpci board also won't generate an
interrupt on ISA irq5 regardless of the INTERRUPT_PIN value.

The mcp750 docs imply that the PBC doesn't stop the interrupt
signalling from routing thru the MPIC regardless of what it does with
remapping, can someone confirm this?

Naturally, VIA is lame with respect to datasheets, so it will be an
ordeal to find the datashsheet which documents the interrupt
remapping.  If anyone in posession of the info could comment on what
is likely going on, I'd really appreciate it.

The cpci bridge appears not to be involved with interrupt signalling
(or acknowledging for that matter)- so I'm also starting to wonder if
the dec board is actually issuing an interrupt.  <something> is going
on because I can see a PCI interrupt line assert after the board is
initialized, but I don't know the details yet.  I guess my next step
is to dump the board registers and see what its up to.

Thanks,

Gregm