RTEMS SS-20030128 available

Steven Grunza steven_grunza at ieee.org
Fri Jan 31 14:40:01 UTC 2003

I'm about to "rm -r -f /opt/rtems" on a machine here and start building
with the cd-working image (now that a couple of small issues with the
README have been fixed)

Steven G        (steven_grunza at ieee.org)

At 08:04 AM 1/31/2003 -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:

>Jack Cawkwell wrote:
> >
> > Has the cd image been tested? I mean, has anyone taken the cd image
> > and on a clean machine, loaded the rpms' and source and successfully
> > built RTEMS?
>
>That hasn't been done by OAR yet.  At this point around here, it would
>take doing a fresh install on a machine.  Even my laptop is polluted
>in this sense.
>
>Any feedback on this before we get to it would be definitely valuable.
>
>--joel
>
> > Cheers, Jack
> >
> > joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com writes:
> > >
> > >A new RTEMS snapshot is available.  I hope this is the last snapshot
> > >before a release branch is forked.  It is available in
> > >
> > >ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com:/pub/rtems/cd-working
> > >ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com:/pub/rtems/snapshots/rtems/current
> > >
> > >A number of nits fixed, loopback network test added to samples,
> > >and BSD sysctl() interface supported for the TCP/IP stack.  This
> > >allows the standard SNMP package to work with RTEMS.  The BSP Howto
> > >has been updated to reflect use of automake and the Getting Started
> > >has the versions updated.
> > >
> > >A few of the Ada binding tests link and run now but the Makefiles
> > >need some magic before they all will.
> > >
> > >Feedback greatly appreciated.  I am mentally setting a timer and
> > >if there are no bad reports, when it goes off the release branch
> > >is forked.
> > >
> > >FWIW I am not merging the API change to rtems_io_register_name.
> > >It will be a post release item.
> > >
> > >--
> > >Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research & Development
> > >joel at OARcorp.com                 On-Line Applications Research
> > >Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS  Huntsville AL 35805
> > >Support Available                (256) 722-9985

"Unix is user friendly, it's just | Steven Grunza
particular about with whom it     | voice:  (856) 787 - 2759
makes friends."                   | fax:    (856) 866 - 2033
  - Unknown                        | mailto:steven_grunza at ieee.org