gdb with rdgb support

Per Dalgas Jakobsen pdj at maridan.dk
Thu Jul 24 12:01:44 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have some trouble compiling gdb with rdgb support.
Configuring with:
.../configure --verbose --target=i386-rtems --prefix=/usr/local/rtems
succeeds, but when entering:
$ gdb
.. yada yada ...
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-cygwin --target=i386-rtems"...
(gdb) setrpcmode sun
(gdb) setdaemontype rdbg
(gdb) target rtems target-name
fails undefined commands (and undefined target command).

I searched the archives a bit and found this thread: http://www.rtems.com/rtems/maillistArchives/rtems-users/2000/october/msg00010.html

Seemed exactly like my problem, but when attempting to configure with --target=i386-RTEMS i get "Invalid configuration `i386-RTEMS': system `RTEMS' not recognized".

I have patched the gdb-5.2 source with:
gdb-5.2-rtems-base-20030211.diff
gdb-5.2-rtems-cg-20030211.diff 	# not sure if this one is needed.
gdb-5.2-rtems-rdbg-20030211.diff
All successful.

Any suggestions?

While we are at the remote gdb-stuff: What is the prefered way to start an Ada program on the remote and make it wait for the gdb-client before starting?

Best regards
Per

PS: Sorry for that #¤")!/&% footer, IT is still working on it (idle-priority i guess).

---
IMPORTANT
The information contained in this e-mail is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by e-mail or telephone.
Thank you in advance.
---