Problem with gdb script

Thu Sep 4 20:36:03 UTC 2003

Brett Swimley wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using some of the gdb script commands that Joel had put together way
> back when for examining task information.

Improvements and additions to those are very much welcomed.  Chris Johns
had some suggestions I never implemented.

> I'm using a patched version
> of gdb 5.2.1 with support for the Linux BDM driver for the ColdFire.
> Previously, I was using gdb 5.0 and had no problems.
>
> I'm using rtems-ss-20030417 and the gcc-3.2.3 toolchain.
>
> I'm trying to do the following with gdb:
>
> p (Thread_Control *)_RTEMS_tasks_Information.local_table[0]
>
> I get an error:
>
> No symbol "Thread_Control" in current context.
>
> gdb apparently doesn't like the cast.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?  Has there been some RTEMS restructuring
> that would cause this error to occur?

There has been no restructing or renaming at the level you are looking
at.  Those names are pretty much set in stone and have been for years.

Sometimes "set lang c" has helped me when debugging Ada. Maybe gdb isn't
in the right language mode when you type this.