sparc-rtems-size

Fabio Degiovanni - Eicas degiovanni at eicas.it
Tue Sep 9 07:09:15 UTC 2003

Thank you very much for your help, I appreciated it very much.
I need to solve compleatly the problem, so I have some more questions:
-you told me that most likely the .bss section is not included in the
output image. I presume that this happen always because the
uninitialised data are created run-time. Am I right?
-you told me that I must have some huge arrays declared in that code,
but I presumed that my bss section would have been much smaller. I tried
to do sparc-rtems-size to every object files and than I summed up and I
found:
  text    data     bss     dec     hex
 117506  181240    4816  303562   4a1ca
Is the difference between the object files size and executable file only
due to the static linking of rtems libraries? In this case it seems that
the umount of uninitilalised data is introduced by the rtems libraries.
What's the difference between doing sparc-rtems-size on the executable
and on the object files?

Thank you very much

Fabio Degiovanni

--