Rif: RE: RTEMS and WEB services

silverio.di at qem.it silverio.di at qem.it
Fri Feb 20 08:36:59 UTC 2004

Thanks Mr.Cedric....

I need to get an HTTP packet only for retrive an
XML file which contain the informations for target.

In few words I've a WebServer with SOAP service
and I would connect a my target to an ISP and between
HTTP layer catch and send XML (SOAP formated) files
to excenge data between taget and WebServer.

Is possible have this configuration with RTEMS net
libraries ? are this layers availables for SH Hitachi &&||
Motorola Coldfire CPUS ?

Thank you again

                      Cedric Aubert
                      <cedric_aubert at ya        Per:      silverio.di at qem.it, rtems-users at rtems.com
                      hoo.fr>                  Cc:
                                               Oggetto:  RE: RTEMS and WEB services
                      20/02/2004 08.56
                      Per favore,
                      rispondere a
                      cedric_aubert

Hi,

As I can say, I don't see any impossibility here.

See : http://www.rtems.com/features.html

RTEMS support pppd to connect to your ISP. But I never
use it
if someone can give more information like server or
client side.
But you should can connect to your ISP.

RTEMS support have a stack TCP/IP (FreeBSD Port) so no
problem to
send and receive TCP/IP packet trought the potential
ppp connection.

But to received HTTP packet you should have an
application to do that.
A webbrowser or may be your application receive this
packet ?????
RTEMS is only provided with a HTTP Server (httpd).

But it still have some works about this look at :

http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2004/january/msg00138.html

Hope that help

Cedric

if
> RTEMS 4.6.0 (hitachi SH/Motorola Coldfile) could be
> connected to a WEB provider with a modem and then
> access to HTTP protocol/services.
>
> I've a target board and a cable Modem (56K) and I
would to
> connect this target to WEB how client and so recover
the
> HTML contents of a my web page
>
> Thank you for your instructions about
>
> - [ ]Yes, is possible
> - [ ] No, isn't possible
> - This is the NET layers (protocols required) ......
IP, xxx, yyy, yyy