Rif: RE: RTEMS and WEB services

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Fri Feb 20 15:11:43 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 09:36, silverio.di at qem.it wrote:

> Thanks Mr.Cedric....
>
> I need to get an HTTP packet only for retrive an
> XML file which contain the informations for target.
>
> In few words I've a WebServer with SOAP service
> and I would connect a my target to an ISP and between
> HTTP layer catch and send XML (SOAP formated) files
> to excenge data between taget and WebServer.
AFAIU, all this is client-side application not related to the OS at all.

The networking code (TCP/IP etc) is available as part of libnetworking.

> Is possible have this configuration with RTEMS net
> libraries ? are this layers availables for SH Hitachi &&||
> Motorola Coldfire CPUS ?
In general, all libraries in RTEMS should be applicable an all CPUs.

However, I don't know if anybody ever has used RTEMS's libnetworking
with SHs. I would expect it to work.

I am having some doubts if the RTEMS networking applications will work
(esp. rtems_webserver), because the code in there could be better.

Wrt. SH, you will probably als have to implement a NIC driver.

Ralf